Friday, September 25, 2015

Restaurant etiquette

I'm a writing this blog today because of a particular incident that happened last night at the restaurant where I am working for the next month. The experience really made me realize how important it is to teach your children manners and restaurant etiquette.
This gentleman was rude, condescending, and demanded personalized attention from both myself and the manager for a better part of his meal. It was not due to the food or beverages being poorly timed or poorly executed, but simply because he wanted to see what we would do for him that was out of the norm. Even this I can take. Between myself and the manager, his every need was met and drinks and dishes were prepared from off the menu. And he 'loved' everything! Now what was so disheartening was the fact that he then proceded to tip a mere 5%. In a culture where 20% is the norm and more if the server goes above and beyond. 
While of course I was disappointed, that didn't bother me as much as when I thought about the poor girl he was dinning with. She couldn't ask a question without his prior approval and she seemed legitimately uncomfortable the entire evening. 
I do hope one of these days an individual is able to educate this man on how to properly dine in public.


*** To view more about RnD check out our other social media sites***
Instagram - rndhospitality
Twitter - @rndhospitality
Facebook - RnD Hospitality Group
www.rndhospitalitygroup.com











No comments:

Post a Comment